Are you going on holiday this summer? Perhaps you will be away from your home for an extended period. To fully enjoy your holiday, Handyman Connection of Scarborough understands you probably want peace of mind that your home is okay and protected while you’re away. The most effective way to achieve this is through early organization!
Besides the administrative tasks such as checking phone messages, forwarding mail (for extended trips), arranging for pet care, notifying neighbours of your absence, etc., it’s important to make sure you take care of a few tasks around your home before you go away.
Some tasks you should consider and check include:
- Notifying alarm company of travel plans and provide name and numbers of house sitters.
- Checking pump alarms, temperature alarms, or freeze alarms so in case of an emergency, the right people get notified.
- Turning off all appliances.
- Unplugging bigger, expensive home appliances that might be damaged by a power surge.
- Shutting off water lines to washing machines to avoid flooding problems.
- Arranging for lawn mowing and watering to avoid calling attention to an unattended house.
Protect your home while you are away and ensure that while on vacation, you are worry-free. Although some accidents and issues may be unpreventable, checking these tasks off your list can ensure a more stress-free time away!